Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Little Sunday, My Little Serendipity

Today is a beautiful Sunday, weather is great.
My almighty plan for morning jog was ruined, once again...
To make myself feel better for not working out the pounds that stored inside my flesh..
I decided to pick up some house chores to make myself feel slightly better.

Done with the house chores, I was clinched to my FaceBook again!
I started with reading posts from the newsfeeds, and these days I am truly irritated with the tests that people tend to take!!!
Gosh...!!!! I never knew people love to take these tests to know themselves better!
Anyway, discovered something new from a friend's blog who started an online business on handmade jewellery & beadings..
It's always nice to see things from her, she's always so inspiring & creative!
I feel very happy for her as I noticed many improvements on her blog.
The photography, her art works, all her masterpieces... Are just so great!

http://chatterbeads.blogspot.com/

Seeing her new stuffs also reminded myself of the orders that I made from her! Man!! I made those orders like centuries ago...!!!! I must get myself to pick up from her as soon as I can!!!
I am really a bad customer... :(

After feeling a little sorry for myself and to Wai Yee, I drowned myself back to my FaceBook..
Noticing that many people these days are hipped with the "notes tagging"... I began reading all of them one by one...
There are a few posts that I think its pretty cool & funny!
The "132 Stupid Things I've Done", "Yes or No", "100 Books"....
Reading these posts are pretty fun, especially when I began to imagine how these things has actually happened to my friends..!

Out of the 3 interesting posts, I think "100 Books" means most to me...
Its simply imply to myself because I made a resolution to read 10 books this year..
The brave Valene took the challenge to scroll down the page of the 100 booklist, and start ticking "some" books that I might have read...
... the final results turned to be the GRAND FOUR!!!!
I've read 4 out of 100!!! Its a very shameful results.....
I felt very funny that I watched those movies instead of reading the books of the same titles...
It shows how "visual" a person I am...

NOW... I have read 1 out of the 10 books that I aimed to read.
Finally finished the first book, Marrying Buddha.
Now going to read to second book, Shanghai Baby!







Thanks to my friend who introduced me to these 2 books... and also thanks to her...
that I read the second book (Marrying Buddha) first instead of the first book (Shanghai Baby)!!!

Now that I need to reverse my thoughts for the story, for I have read the second half of the Shanghai girl's life, and now I am dwelling her life before the massive changes...
What a great flashback!

p/s: To anyone whom might be interested to read these books, read Shanghai Baby first, then move on to Marrying Buddha.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valene!

    I am really touched that you posted about me in this entry of yours and that you linked me! :) Thanks, girl..

    And yeah, your items are still safe with me! :D

    ReplyDelete