Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Origami Fun

Nothing was any greater than to spend some quality time with my mom at home. Good times together can be very simple. Tonight, I had a very simple night at home but feeling truly contented. All things are simple, nothing grand, nothing fanciful. Just myself & mom with our routined family gatherings on every Saturday evening. Sitting together on the round marble table after dinner, sipping our hot Japanese green tea, we talked & laughed as we shared our stories happened in the past one week. Its always like this that we get to update ourselves with my relative's well-being.

As the laughter & gossiping goes around, mom took out her little deck of advertising flyers that she collected from the post box. Mom has always been a good example for recycling supporter. She keep these flyers to fold origami boxes, and they are always used during dinner. Disposed bones of chickens & fishes will be collected easilly & always so neatly. Mom is always my idol of being the best home-maker, always so thoughtful & sweet.

Being a very lazy daughter at home, I usually never bother much about these origami. I just use them when needed, and without realising, these little boxes are always up to stocks. And of course, mom is the only person who took care of it, she is the one who folds them & always make sure they are available at all times. I felt a little shameful, as I never really bother about these little things in life. Even with these origamis... It's just a few simple steps to build one, nothing too complicated, even a little girl could have done it blind folded.






I always admire mom's spirit, her patience and determinance. She happily guided myself & my aunt to fold these origamis. Patiently guiding the hot tempered aunt, it makes me feel that my mom is so loving & sweet. Out of all sudden, I asked mom if she could fold a paper boat. Mom was giggling as she pulled out another piece of flyer. I was watching her face reaction & her hands movement closely; from the grinning on her forehead, I can tell that mom is trying to recall the steps of folding the paper boat. Folding at one edge of the paper & unfolding it again, flipping the paper around & starring at it with some mischievous look. I felt very warm watching how mom was trying to fold a paper boat for me.

Finally, a very cute boat was created out of mom's hand! The paper boat looks a little fragile, a little not stable, all edges are not symmetrizing, and it looks a little crumpled as the paper was being unfolded for a few times. Though it was not a perfect looking boat, it is indeed a very significant love that mom showed to me. Perhaps she did not think into such a deep extent, but as a daughter, I am truly delighted.








As I was happily holding the funny looking boat in my hands, mom hurried to grab another piece of flyer & started folding another origami. As I was laughing & playing with the fragile little boat, mom who sat beside me was almost completing another paper boat. This time, I guess she recalled the right steps to fold a boat. The second boat looks beautiful, spacious in the middle & concretely stands on the table. I was very happy that mom tried to please me with a better origami boat! I am surely acted like a little girl playing with the two contrast looking boats! We all laughed as I was playing with it with my Keroro toy figuring.










Tonight, was just another day blessed with love & joy. Another day with lots of simple things around me that put up so much smiles on our faces. Another thoughtful lesson that I learned to be grateful & being contented with our lives.

Thank you God, for sending me a very lovely mom & a very warm family.

2 comments:

  1. Wowsa!! Mommy is super duper cool! Love her always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. *melts* this is such a sweet post about your mum! :)

    ReplyDelete